Empower and inspire your little one in her (or his) own space with our exclusive art print of the politician and educator, Shirley Chisholm. Illustrated by noteworthy artist Erin Robinson in her own unique style, take this thought provoking piece of art home and bring on the learning! Now available in framed or unframed options!
Learn more about artist Erin Robinson!
About Shirley Chisholm
Shirley Anita Chisholm (1924-2005) was an American politician, educator, and author. In 1968, she became the first African American woman elected to the United States Congress, representing New York's 12th congressional district for seven terms from 1969 to 1983. Known as “Fighting Shirley”, she introduced more than 50 pieces of legislation, championed racial and gender equality, and fought for the poor. In the 1972 United States presidential election, Chisholm went on to make history yet again becoming the first African American candidate for a major party's nomination for President of the United States and the first woman to run for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination. After retiring from Congress in 1983, Shirley taught at Mount Holyoke College and co-founded the National Political Congress of Black Women while continuing her political organizing and fight for education opportunities and social justice.
Shipping: **At this time please allow up to 15 business days for unframed prints and 30 business days for framed prints to be produced and shipped. In order to ensure the health of our manufacturing partners during the COVID-19 pandemic, our print facilities are working with a limited staff and delays in fulfillment are possible.
Unframed $10 flat rate
Framed $20 flat rate
* This item is custom made and non-refundable.
- Professional-Grade paper with bright white, smooth matte surface. Acid and Lignin-free pulp, 86% opacity.
- White Wood: Matte white solid wood contemporary style frame - cool-toned matte white finish on a simple squared profile. This simple, classic frame is at home in gallery-style art groupings.
- Maple Wood: Natural wood, clear finish, contemporary style frame - clear finish on natural maple frame allows the wood intricacies to shine through. A simple and economical frame, it’s perfect for gallery-style art groupings.
Frame Care instructions
- Dust with slightly dampened clean cloth. Do not clean acrylic with an ammonia based cleaner or it will damage.