Empower and inspire your little one in her (or his) own space with our exclusive art print of the chemist, Rosalind Franklin. Illustrated by noteworthy artist Nadja Zinneker in her own unique style, take this thought provoking piece of art home and bring on the learning! Now available in framed or unframed options!
Learn more about artist Nadja Zinneker!
About Rosalind Franklin
Rosalind Elsie Franklin (1920-1958) was an English chemist and X-ray crystallographer whose work was central to the understanding of the molecular structures of DNA, RNA, viruses, coal, and graphite. From early childhood, Franklin displayed exceptional intelligence and knew from the age of 15 that she wanted to be a scientist. She received her education at several schools, including North London Collegiate School, where she excelled in science, among other things. Franklin enrolled at Newnham College, Cambridge where she studied chemistry and in 1941, she was awarded Second Class Honors in her finals. In 1951, Franklin began working as a research associate at King's College, London in the biophysics unit where she applied X-ray diffraction methods to the study of DNA as very little was known about the chemical makeup or structure of DNA. She soon discovered the density of DNA and, more importantly, established that the molecule existed in a helical conformation. Franklin also contributed new insight on the structure of viruses, helping to lay the foundation for the field of structural virology.
Shipping: **At this time please allow up to 15 business days for unframed prints and 30 business days for framed prints to be produced and shipped. In order to ensure the health of our manufacturing partners during the COVID-19 pandemic, our print facilities are working with a limited staff and delays in fulfillment are possible.
Unframed $10 flat rate
Framed $20 flat rate
* This item is custom made and non-refundable.
- Professional-Grade paper with bright white, smooth matte surface. Acid and Lignin-free pulp, 86% opacity.
- White Wood: Matte white solid wood contemporary style frame - cool-toned matte white finish on a simple squared profile. This simple, classic frame is at home in gallery-style art groupings.
- Maple Wood: Natural wood, clear finish, contemporary style frame - clear finish on natural maple frame allows the wood intricacies to shine through. A simple and economical frame, it’s perfect for gallery-style art groupings.
Frame Care instructions
- Dust with slightly dampened clean cloth. Do not clean acrylic with an ammonia based cleaner or it will damage.