Empower and inspire your little one in her (or his) own space with our exclusive art print of the singer, Marian Anderson. Illustrated by noteworthy artist Devyn Taylor in her own unique style, take this thought provoking piece of art home and bring on the learning! Now available in framed or unframed options!
Learn more about artist Devyn Taylor!
About Marian Anderson
Marian Anderson (1897-1993) was an American singer and one of the finest contraltos of her time. Her pure vocal quality, richness of tone, and tremendous range allowed her to perform a wide range of music, from opera to spirituals. Although many concert opportunities were closed to her because of her race, Anderson performed with renowned orchestras in major concert and recital venues throughout the United States, Europe, and South America between 1925 and 1965. She was an important figure in the struggle for African-American artists to overcome racial prejudice in the United States during the mid-twentieth century. In 1955, Marian Anderson became the first African American singer to perform as a member of the New York Metropolitan Opera and was given a standing ovation by the audience. In addition, she worked as a delegate to the United Nations Human Rights Committee and as a Goodwill Ambassador for the United States Department of State, giving concerts all over the world as well as participated in the civil rights movement in the 1960s. Anderson was a recipient of numerous awards and honors including the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1963, the Congressional Gold Medal in 1977, the National Medal of Arts in 1986, and a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 1991.
Shipping: **At this time please allow up to 15 business days for unframed prints and 30 business days for framed prints to be produced and shipped. In order to ensure the health of our manufacturing partners during the COVID-19 pandemic, our print facilities are working with a limited staff and delays in fulfillment are possible.
Unframed $10 flat rate
Framed $20 flat rate
* This item is custom made and non-refundable.
- Professional-Grade paper with bright white, smooth matte surface. Acid and Lignin-free pulp, 86% opacity.
- White Wood: Matte white solid wood contemporary style frame - cool-toned matte white finish on a simple squared profile. This simple, classic frame is at home in gallery-style art groupings.
- Maple Wood: Natural wood, clear finish, contemporary style frame - clear finish on natural maple frame allows the wood intricacies to shine through. A simple and economical frame, it’s perfect for gallery-style art groupings.
Frame Care instructions
- Dust with slightly dampened clean cloth. Do not clean acrylic with an ammonia based cleaner or it will damage.