Empower and inspire your little one in her (or his) own space with our exclusive art print of the physician and educator, Maria Montessori. Illustrated by noteworthy artist Noa Snir in her own unique style, take this thought provoking piece of art home and bring on the learning! Now available in framed or unframed options!
Learn more about artist Noa Snir!
About Maria Montessori
Maria Montessori was an Italian physician, educator, and innovator known for her educational method that builds on the way children learn naturally. In 1896, after graduating from the University of Rome in medicine, Maria began her medical career and was involved in the Women’s Rights movement. She became known for her high levels of competency in treating patients and also for the respect she showed to patients from all social classes. After joining a research program at the psychiatric clinic of the University of Rome, she developed a deep interest in the needs of children with learning disabilities. Over the years, she served as director of the State Orthophrenic School of Rome and was a lecturer at the Pedagogic School of the University of Rome. In 1907, Maria opened the first Montessori school, Casa dei Bambini (Children's House), where she applied her methods and educational materials she had developed. The "Montessori system" is based on belief in the creative potential of children, their drive to learn, and the right of each child to be treated as an individual. Her successes led to the opening of other Montessori schools and she traveled the world writing extensively about her approach to education. Today, Maria's educational method is still in use in many public and private schools globally!
Shipping: **At this time please allow up to 15 business days for unframed prints and 30 business days for framed prints to be produced and shipped. In order to ensure the health of our manufacturing partners during the COVID-19 pandemic, our print facilities are working with a limited staff and delays in fulfillment are possible.
Unframed $10 flat rate
Framed $20 flat rate
* This item is custom made and non-refundable.
- Professional-Grade paper with bright white, smooth matte surface. Acid and Lignin-free pulp, 86% opacity.
- White Wood: Matte white solid wood contemporary style frame - cool-toned matte white finish on a simple squared profile. This simple, classic frame is at home in gallery-style art groupings.
- Maple Wood: Natural wood, clear finish, contemporary style frame - clear finish on natural maple frame allows the wood intricacies to shine through. A simple and economical frame, it’s perfect for gallery-style art groupings.
Frame Care instructions
- Dust with slightly dampened clean cloth. Do not clean acrylic with an ammonia based cleaner or it will damage.