Empower and inspire your little one in her (or his) own space with our exclusive art print of the civil rights activist, Dolores Huerta. Illustrated by noteworthy artist Maia Faddoul in her own unique style, take this thought provoking piece of art home and bring on the learning! Now available in framed or unframed options!
Learn more about artist Maia Faddoul!
About Dolores Huerta
Dolores Clara Fernández Huerta is an American labor leader and civil rights activist who has worked to improve social and economic conditions for farm workers and fight discrimination. She is one of the most influential labor activists of the 20th century and a leader of the Chicano civil rights movement. From a young age, Dolores was greatly influenced by her mother's community activism and compassionate treatment of workers. She received an associate teaching degree from the University of the Pacific’s Delta College and then briefly taught school in the 1950s, but seeing so many hungry and barefoot farmworkers’ children coming to school, she thought she could do more by helping their parents win more equitable working conditions. In 1955, Huerta began her career as an activist and in 1960 she created the Agricultural Workers Association (AWA) and co-founded what would become the United Farm Workers (UFW) with Cesar Chavez. As coordinator of nationwide boycotts in the 1970s, Huerta helped create the national climate that led to the passage of the Agricultural Labor Relations Act, the first law recognizing the rights of California farmworkers to bargain collectively. In 2002 she founded the Dolores Huerta Foundation, which was involved in community organizing. Huerta has received numerous awards including induction into the National Women’s Hall of Fame and continues to lecture and speak out on a variety of social issues involving immigration, income inequality, and the rights of women and Latinos.
Shipping: **At this time please allow up to 15 business days for unframed prints and 30 business days for framed prints to be produced and shipped. In order to ensure the health of our manufacturing partners during the COVID-19 pandemic, our print facilities are working with a limited staff and delays in fulfillment are possible.
Unframed $10 flat rate
Framed $20 flat rate
* This item is custom made and non-refundable.
- Professional-Grade paper with bright white, smooth matte surface. Acid and Lignin-free pulp, 86% opacity.
- White Wood: Matte white solid wood contemporary style frame - cool-toned matte white finish on a simple squared profile. This simple, classic frame is at home in gallery-style art groupings.
- Maple Wood: Natural wood, clear finish, contemporary style frame - clear finish on natural maple frame allows the wood intricacies to shine through. A simple and economical frame, it’s perfect for gallery-style art groupings.
Frame Care instructions
- Dust with slightly dampened clean cloth. Do not clean acrylic with an ammonia based cleaner or it will damage.