Empower and inspire your little one in her (or his) own space with our exclusive art print of the entrepreneur and activist, C. J. Walker. Illustrated by noteworthy artist Keisha Okafor in her own unique style, take this thought provoking piece of art home and bring on the learning! Now available in framed or unframed options!
Learn more about artist Keisha Okafor!
About C. J. Walker
Madam C. J. Walker (born Sarah Breedlove) (1867 - 1919) was an American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and political and social activist. Walker's business acumen led her to be one of the first American women to become a self-made millionaire and help create the role of the 20th Century, self-made American businesswoman. After suffering from a scalp ailment that resulted in her own hair loss, Walker invented a line of African American homemade hair products and became a pioneer of the modern black hair-care and cosmetics industry. She founded the Madam C. J. Walker Manufacturing Company and traveled to promote and teach her hair care methods known as the "Walker system". C. J. Walker was also know for her philanthropic endeavors and used her fortune to fund scholarships for women and donated generously to educational causes, Black charities, NAACP, the Black YMCA, and dozens of other organizations.
Shipping: **At this time please allow up to 15 business days for unframed prints and 30 business days for framed prints to be produced and shipped. In order to ensure the health of our manufacturing partners during the COVID-19 pandemic, our print facilities are working with a limited staff and delays in fulfillment are possible.
Unframed $10 flat rate
Framed $20 flat rate
* This item is custom made and non-refundable.
- Professional-Grade paper with bright white, smooth matte surface. Acid and Lignin-free pulp, 86% opacity.
- White Wood: Matte white solid wood contemporary style frame - cool-toned matte white finish on a simple squared profile. This simple, classic frame is at home in gallery-style art groupings.
- Maple Wood: Natural wood, clear finish, contemporary style frame - clear finish on natural maple frame allows the wood intricacies to shine through. A simple and economical frame, it’s perfect for gallery-style art groupings.
Frame Care instructions
- Dust with slightly dampened clean cloth. Do not clean acrylic with an ammonia based cleaner or it will damage.